4. Generation, 1911-1975

Ernst UlrichKlotzli

Ernst Alfred Klotzli was able to serve his apprenticeship in his father’s workshop with concurrent enrollment at a business school, a novelty at the time.

His years of travel led him to France, where he deepened his knowledge of his craftsmanship.

In 1942 he took over the family
business. He electrified the
workshop which had been
powered via transmission
from the neighbouring mill.


In 1946 he bought a house
in the upper town of Burgdorf and
moved the shop to its
current address.
The workshop stayed
at its original location.

Klotzli trademark

"KB"
Klotzli Burgdorf

 

 

anvil

 

 

"EK"
Ernst Klotzli